The contribution of children, young people and their families to the Anglican Church is not just important for the church of tomorrow; it is vital for the church of today. The Anglican Youth, Children’s and Families (AYCF) ministries team based at St Francis College Milton has a Vision statement which says:
“AYCF will be a thriving hub of Christ-centred ministries that empowers, inspires and equips youth, children and families.”
In practice, this means we act as both consultants and facilitators, serving the parishes and agencies of the Anglican Church of Southern Queensland. As consultants, we are like a ‘Research and Development’ department, with extensive knowledge and expertise in all aspects of YCF ministry, able to act as a Helpdesk for enquiries of all kinds.
As proactive facilitators, we lead and manage events across the Diocese, including an extensive camping program for school students (known as ‘Ichthus camps’) and programs for Young Adults (18-25). We run regular training events and also assist parishes who are seeking to employ professional YCF ministers.
Some of the topics on which we are able to advise include:
- Parish strategies for playgroups, Sunday Schools, youth groups, Bible studies and intergenerational events of all kinds.
- Messy Church.
- Resources for Admission to Communion and Confirmation classes.
- Child Safety and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Social Media policies and procedures.
- GFS financial grants to parishes.
- Licensing and employing a paid YCF Minister.
- Training days and events
- And much, much more!
Please visit us at www.AYCF.org.au and explore our full range of news, blogs, events, camps and resources.
Join us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/brisangyouth or on Instagram: @aycfqld