FAITH360:Praying in Anglican Ways - St John's Cathedral
A practical workshop about forms of Anglican spirituality and prayer. It's happening in the Darnell Room! Facilitated by Jonathan Sargeant!
This all day workshop (9am-3.30pm) written by the Revs Penny Jones and Jo Inkpin enables participants to ponder their own spirituality and the methods of prayer and worship that can enhance relationships with God. Discover deep Anglican wells of spiritual practice that provide resources for faith today! In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore ideas about spirituality. Just what is it anyway?
- Think about the Anglican forms of spirituality
- Examine their own spirituality towards identifying a helpful life-enhancing profile
- Learn about the history and form of Anglican spiritualities that have enlivened our church, as well as individuals/groups associated with them
- Have a chance to practice different forms of prayer and worship associated with these Anglican spiritualities
- Come to value the enormous breadth of spiritual resources available to us in the Anglican Church
- Think about developing a 'rule of life' to enhance our faith formation into the future
All you need is a pen and your lunch.